• About
  • Get Jnews
  • Contcat Us
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
247NEWSLINE
No Result
View All Result
  • Login
  • NBA
  • NHL
  • NPL
  • SOCCER
  • NBA
  • NHL
  • NPL
  • SOCCER
No Result
View All Result
247NEWSLINE
No Result
View All Result
  • NBA
  • NHL
  • NPL
  • SOCCER
Home World

SHOCKING: Ex-Priest Hit With SECOND Lifetime Ban Over Child Abuse Crimes

Terpase Terna by Terpase Terna
February 17, 2026
in World
0

A former priest has been handed a second lifetime ban after being found guilty of further sexual abuse offences involving children, in a case that has sparked fresh outrage and renewed calls for stronger safeguarding measures.

The ruling came after an independent disciplinary panel reviewed new evidence linked to historic abuse claims. The panel confirmed that the ex-clergyman, who had already been permanently removed from ministry years earlier, was responsible for additional incidents that were not included in his first ban. Officials said the decision was taken to ensure he can never return to any religious or youth-related role.

READ ALSO

Huddersfield Town’s Promotion Hopes Hang in the Balance After Mixed Results

Sunderland Facing Big Changes After Key Exit

Church authorities described the case as “deeply disturbing” and apologised to the victims and their families. They acknowledged that previous processes had failed to uncover the full extent of the abuse and promised to improve safeguarding systems. Leaders stressed that protecting children must remain the top priority and that anyone found guilty of such crimes would face the toughest possible sanctions.

Survivors’ support groups welcomed the decision but said it also highlights ongoing concerns about accountability and transparency. Many campaigners are demanding stronger oversight, quicker investigations, and mandatory reporting laws to prevent similar cases in the future.

Legal experts say the second lifetime ban, although largely symbolic, reinforces the seriousness of the offences and sends a clear message that institutions must not tolerate abuse or conceal wrongdoing. The case has reignited debate about safeguarding standards, with pressure mounting on religious organisations worldwide to strengthen child protection policies.

Authorities confirmed that support services are being offered to victims as investigations into related cases continue.

Tags: Roman CatholicWorld

Related Posts

Huddersfield Town’s Promotion Hopes Hang in the Balance After Mixed Results
League one

Huddersfield Town’s Promotion Hopes Hang in the Balance After Mixed Results

February 17, 2026
Sunderland Facing Big Changes After Key Exit
EFL CHAMPIONSHIP LEAGUE

Sunderland Facing Big Changes After Key Exit

February 17, 2026
Stoke City Knocked Out of FA Cup After Late Fulham Winner
FOOTBALL

Stoke City Knocked Out of FA Cup After Late Fulham Winner

February 17, 2026
Another Banger Victory as Derby County Turn Up the Heat in Promotion Race
CHAMPIONSHIP

Another Banger Victory as Derby County Turn Up the Heat in Promotion Race

February 17, 2026
Trump Explodes Over Miliband–California Clean Energy Deal, Warns It Will “Destroy Jobs and Raise Costs
Politics

Trump Explodes Over Miliband–California Clean Energy Deal, Warns It Will “Destroy Jobs and Raise Costs

February 17, 2026
Rams on Fire! Derby County Shake Up Championship With Dramatic Push for Premier League Return
CHAMPIONSHIP

Rams on Fire! Derby County Shake Up Championship With Dramatic Push for Premier League Return

February 16, 2026

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • SHOCKING: Ex-Priest Hit With SECOND Lifetime Ban Over Child Abuse Crimes
  • 9 players down – Stoke City’s Injury Crisis Forces Mark Robins to Rethink Tactics Ahead of Championship Run-In
  • Huddersfield Town’s Promotion Hopes Hang in the Balance After Mixed Results
  • Sunderland Facing Big Changes After Key Exit
  • Molineux saga _ Summer signing without a minutes want to quite as decision angers management

POPULAR NEWS

SACKED: Molineux Stadium erupts as Wolves fans demand Rob Edwards dismissed

SACKED: Molineux Stadium erupts as Wolves fans demand Rob Edwards dismissed

December 26, 2025
He will be missed – Portsmouth boss reveals player exit and impact on transfer window finale – Enjoy your new home

He will be missed – Portsmouth boss reveals player exit and impact on transfer window finale – Enjoy your new home

January 27, 2026
EPIC DISPLAY: Chronicle of Life – Netflix Set to Unleash Release Dates for Highly Anticipated Leeds United Documentary A Gripping Tribute to Club Legends Billy Bremner, John Charles, and Norman Hunter, Whose Legacy Shaped the Soul of Elland Road…..

EPIC DISPLAY: Chronicle of Life – Netflix Set to Unleash Release Dates for Highly Anticipated Leeds United Documentary A Gripping Tribute to Club Legends Billy Bremner, John Charles, and Norman Hunter, Whose Legacy Shaped the Soul of Elland Road…..

August 19, 2025
Eilmeldung: Nick Woltemade, der Frontmann des VfB Stuttgart, lehnt seinen Vierjahresvertrag mit Bayern München im Wert von 7,5 Millionen Euro ab und bietet seinen überraschenden Vertrag mit dem VfB Stuttgart aufgrund der jüngsten … an.

Eilmeldung: Nick Woltemade, der Frontmann des VfB Stuttgart, lehnt seinen Vierjahresvertrag mit Bayern München im Wert von 7,5 Millionen Euro ab und bietet seinen überraschenden Vertrag mit dem VfB Stuttgart aufgrund der jüngsten … an.

August 9, 2025
Begging for a Return! Former Portsmouth Star Admits Leaving Fratton Park Was the Biggest Mistake of His Career!

Begging for a Return! Former Portsmouth Star Admits Leaving Fratton Park Was the Biggest Mistake of His Career!

October 11, 2025
  • Buy JNews
  • Landing Page
  • Documentation
  • Support Forum
[email protected]

247newsline | © 2024

No Result
View All Result
  • NBA
  • NHL
  • NPL
  • SOCCER

247newsline | © 2024

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In